Phi Gam Facts
The International Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta
FIJI or Phi Gam
- May 1, 1848, the Fraternity was founded at Jefferson College in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
- Spring 2015, the Fraternity was expanded to the University of Alabama at Birmingham as a colony
- April 1, 2017, the colony received its official charter as the Alpha Beta Chapter of the Fraternity
- 29 undergraduate brothers at UAB
- 10,000+ undergraduate brothers internationally
- 180,000+ brothers initiated since 1848
Phi Gam has helped:
Our brothers are courageous leaders who find new and creative ways to help the Birmingham community. If you would like to know more about how we have helped these organizations please feel free check out our events page.
Friendship: We are united by Friendship. It is the basis of our brotherhood. Because of it, we accomplish far more than we do as individuals. Friendship is the sweetest influence.
Knowledge: We promote the pursuit of Knowledge. It is the key to a fuller, richer life. We gain it through education, the harmonious development of the powers of the individual.
Service: We encourage service. We have the ability, the opportunity, and the duty to serve our fellow human beings. Our reward is the satisfaction that comes from serving.
Morality: We believe in Morality. As gentleman of quality, we must do what is right as individuals and as a group. Moral behavior is the basis of society's existence.
Excellence: We strive for excellence. It is attained only when we fulfill our total potential. Mankind benefits when each of us becomes all that we can be.
Each of us is certain to confront many testing points in our lives. Some will be minor decisions, while others will have a profound impact on us and on others. Likewise, chapter leaders will face many testing points that will impact the future of their chapter, their brothers, and sometimes the Fraternity at large.